Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration nor posted on a website (or an explanation has been provided to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF file format. PDF files are acceptable for the review process, but we require a Word file for copy editing purposes.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., <http://pkp.sfu.ca)>.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and references to all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- SPE is a peer-reviewed journal. Article reviews do not follow a Blind Review process. Reviewers are aware of the identity of authors and vice versa, unless reviewers request anonymity.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.